Monday, August 9, 2010

A Pure Heart

A pure heart and good will ! The one foundation of every spiritual state! The pure heart could well say to every soul: " look at me carefully. It is I who generate the love which always chooses the better part. I produce that mind but effective fear which arouses such a dread of wrong-doing that it can easily be avoided. I lmpart that excellent understanding which reveals the greatness of God and the merit of virtue . And it is all I who causes that passionate and holy yearning which keeps the soul resolute in virtue and in expectation of God."
Yes, O Pure Heart, you can invite everyone to gather round you and enrich themselves with your inexhaustible treasures. There is no spiritual practice, no path of holiness, which does not find it's source in you .

No comments:

Post a Comment